Isn't this what it's all about?? Life turns full circle when a part of yourself, manifested in a young child, follows in your footsteps. Well that is how we felt yesterday when Lauren walked onto a small outdoor arena to join her pee-wee sized soccer team for the first time. I will take the risk of speaking on behalf of my husband here, but I dare say he was one proud father. I am sure we looked the part with our camera phones in one hand, regular camera in another and a cam-corder strapped around our necks. Just to make sure we wouldn't miss a single second of this much anticipated moment.
With all of our excitement, we had to remind ourselves that Lauren is only 3, and her less enthusiastic approach to this momentous occasion would not define her soccer career. After a lot of persuasion on our part, Lauren finally left our sides and braved her first day of pee-wee soccer practice.
She absolutely loves running! They have little relay races at the end of the practice and I am pretty sure that is her favorite part!


2 comments:
So wish she and Jackson could play together!! She looks like she loved it! How fun!
She is so freaking cute.
Post a Comment