So, temporarily, I have been in charge of the Cub Scouts in our ward. It just so happened that the time I was helping out fell on our wards annual Pinewood Derby. We felt it appropriate, and since our ward does an open bracket, to labor over a car of our own. And I say labor because a lot of hours went into that little car! Punj was in charge of the body and I was in charge of the speed. It would be wrong for me not to give credit where credit belongs. You see, I have a dad who is brilliant at Pinewood Derby cars. So brilliant in fact that one year, my brothers were asked not to participate in their Derby so that "someone else would have a chance to win" (no joke). Anyway, Punj and I, well, with some fancy tips from my dad, we won! It became a friendly competition between us and our friends. Now I am ready for a Cub Scout of my own someday!!!
8 comments:
that is a pretty fancy car there! I am very impressed. Keep the Recalde name on top!!!
friendly competition eh? You just wait until next year...I'll actually stay up to spin wheels!! :)
that's so much fun. I love it!
I wish Jonathan and I would have joined in with the fun...but hey you guys won 1st place, go Recaldes!!!
The Whiting clan ALWAYS dominate every activity! That is a great story! We were cubscout leaders for 1 year in our ward and I certainly am glad to be finished with it...I am impressed that you are enjoying it...p.s. your little cub scout will come soon enough! I finally have the "goods" in the envelope and heading to the post office today...forgive me!
never thought you would be over the cub scouts...how great...from fancy dresses in nauvoo, to racing cars with the kids.....how fun..hope all is well with you..we had the reunion last fri. and totally missed you......
Dang Jamie, You go girl. I am not at all surprised. When D. gets to cub scout age I will be calling you up. P.S. each time I see your last post envy fills my bones, Kenny is not coming to Utah this year. Tan and I are actually really sad.
miss ya.
That is awesome! Good job! I have always dreaded the idea of being in Cub Scouts, but you have made me rethink my fear.
Post a Comment