Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trunk-or-Treat


So last night was the Trunk-or-Treat. We had to have it in the gym because of the impending tropical storm. Each family that wanted to participate was supposed to bring a game of some sorts for the kids to play. Punj and I did a bone yard dig. We filled a box up with rice and hid bones in it. Then the kids who found two matching bones won a prize. Some other games were sticking your hand into an unknown box to see what was in it, a cake walk, bobbing for apples, bean bag toss, a fishing pond, donut eating contest, cookie decorating and an arm wrestle captain Moroni game. It was really kind of fun. For the kids anyway! As for the tropical storm, we are seeing effects of it but nothing like the islands. We are just getting the outskirts of the storm, so all is well where we live.

9 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

You are SO creative - bones in dirt! You're gonna be the FUN, COOL mom on the block! ;-)

Brittany R said...

Mira would have loved your bones in dirt. she loves digging in rice.

Unknown said...

What fun. We missed our ward's Trunk-or-Treat.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I think your indoor Trunk or Treat sounds more fun than the traditional outdoor Trunk or Treat. I am glad that you guys aren't getting too much abuse from the storm. I hope it stays that way.

The Lewis Family said...

aww look at Dorothy and Scarecrow aren't they so cute! No, seriously.

Just kidding. Jonathan and I had a blast. Can't wait till next year's Trunk or Treat.

And ya'll's game was awsome. I wish I had put a bit more time into our game. Then it could have been almost as sweet as yours. WHAaaaa!

Amanda said...

You guys are so creative! That sounds like it was alot of fun. I LOVE Wade Robson. It is funny, I never saw his show on MTV, but I love all the dances he does for "So You Think You Can Dance". He is my favorite choreographer! It is just something about his style, it keeps you watching. I am amazed at the things he comes up with. I danced when I was little, but gave it up in middle school so I could swim more. I think I have a secret wish I could have been a dancer though. Did you dance? Oh, and the Pinewood Derby isn't til tomorrow. We will let you know how it goes!

The Clark Family said...

Cute pictures!! Thanks for the Captain Moroni idea and outfit...I still think Josh is butthurt about that missionary beating him!! :) Just wanted to tell ya that your whole set up was great, I'm always impressed by your creativity!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

you are just so creative, are you coming back to UT for christmas? I mean as much as i would love to swing on over to Flordia, might be a little hard. but if you are in town for christmas i would love to see you....let me know.

The Nelsons said...

I am so glad that you took pictures. Your bone yard dig was a work or art.