Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Holidays

Thanksgiving is next week! I can't believe that the holidays are in full swing! I am pretty sure I will blink my eyes and it will be the start of a new year. Time is always so dependable in passing. The "holidays" for me begin at the end of September with my birthday, and then of course Halloween, followed by Thanksgiving leading up to Christmas and ending with New Years. It has become my tradition to kick off the holidays, beginning on my birthday, with what else, Christmas music! After all, Christmas is my favorite part.

Just a quick personal story... When Punj and I first got married we figured that children would just come when they came. After a year without any signs of a posterity, I disregarded those initial thoughts of, "well whenever..." and started to wonder if something was wrong with me. (Looking back I now realize that a year or two is nothing in the scheme of things.) I remember one Christmas, our first Christmas in Miami, I was at a point where I was "waiting" to find out if I was pregnant or not. On Christmas morning, I didn't exactly get the gift I was hoping for. In the midst of feeling a little down and depressed, a calm reassuring feeling came over me, that I would have a baby someday, and that baby would be born on Christmas. I kind of just pushed that aside. A little more then a year later I found out that I was pregnant. And that I was due on January 4th. Throughout my pregnancy I knew in my heart I would be having my baby on Christmas. And well... She didn't come on Christmas day, she came on Christmas Eve! During the first days of Lauren's life, I remembered back to that calm peaceful feeling that I had 2 Christmas's before and realized the significance of my blessings. And now, this Christmas Lauren will be 3 years old! I still consider her the BEST Christmas present ever and she gives me one more reason to celebrate during the holidays!

Lauren is enamored with Christmas this year. Every song, commercial, light...tree! She can't say Christmas yet, instead she says something that sounds like "bacons." For instance, "Mom!!! Do you see it?? The bacons tree? You see it??" Anyway, I wanted to post this little video as an early seasons greetings! I will post the aftermath of our holiday cheer, but for now, I am enjoying the build up! Happy Holidays from me and a little something from Lauren too!

 




3 comments:

Kim said...

That was the cutest little video. I loved it.

Vinnie said...

how I love my Lauren! That was so cute!!!! I heard Isaac pitching in the background.

The Clark Family said...

Darling Lauren! Love it! I enjoyed your story too. Can't wait for our next little adventure.