Friday, September 30, 2011

To blog or not to blog... That is the question...

Lets see... I am about a year and half behind in my blogging... So I ask myself, should I start up again? Lately I have had a small itch to post some pictures and update all of you on the happenings in my life. Maybe its cause we have added a new little one to our family and I am feeling all sentimental about him. Wherever the itch is coming from, it has given me enough momentum to actually take a minute and update the look of our blog, and add a small post. I will dedicate this post to our newest little one, Isaac.

Isaac was born on August 16th, 2011 at 8:34PM. He was 6 lbs. 12 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. We named him Isaac Daniel Recalde. We love him. So far, he is unlike his sister Lauren in every way. I know every kid is different but I am still in awe about just how different my two kids are! I mean, they come from two parents, but with generational possibilities as far as looks and personality traits. And a dash of something special all their own. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I love seeing the differences! And the similarities.

Isaac is chill.... But has a really hard time relieving gas on his own. So him being the gassiest baby I have ever encountered, doesn't help. We give him regular doses of that infant gas reliever stuff. So now that you are all aware of his little tummy issues!! I feel like he basically came out smiling. He always has this little look on his face that makes you think he is gonna break out into a grin. A little like his dad I think... He looks like a little man! Cute as can be and we are so happy he has joined our family. Lauren has adjusted well to Isaac and loves to kiss his little head. She can't quite say Isaac yet, but she says "moo-sic" and that works.

I am really humbled and grateful for all moms everywhere. I must have been in a regular groove with Lauren cause when Isaac came, I was reminded all over again of the amazing responsibility it is to be a mom. It is a lot of work, and probably the most worthwhile work I will ever be blessed to do! I am definitely thankful for a wonderful mom who carried, loved, nurtured and supported 10 of the most amazing siblings I have ever had... I mean my dad was around of course, but since this is more of a post about having children, it may seem like I am leaving him out... So just real quick... My dad is amazing to!

Anyway, before I forget what I was about to write, lack of sleep will do that to you, I promise to try, and try again to be a better blogger. We have had such huge changes in our lives this passed summer that I have PLENTY to blog about. I will have to start from the present and blog my way through what has passed. Hopefully it won't be to confusing! In the meantime! Meet our new little Guy!


The bottom pic is when he was about 2 days old. He is a lot chubbier these days! And he changes on a daily I swear!!! But still cute as can be!


We LOVE you "moo-sic", "little buddy", "ice man", "sir Isaac", and ISAAC!!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Congratulations Jamie, he's perfect. I'm so happy for you. Please keep blogging - I want to see what you've been up to. Love ya,

Mike & Britt said...

Congrats you guys! He is adorable! Lauren is so grown up and such cute blonde hair! Your blog is so cute which I wouldn't expect anything less, you're so talented! Can't wait to read more!

Vinnie said...

It was so awesome to be there when Isaac was born. I would have been so sad to have missed it. Can't wait to see him again. I am so blessed to have all of you in my family. Love you!!!!