Life is exciting in the Recalde household! At the end of April, Punj closed the book to 3 1/2 years of medical classes. We are now moving into the final year of his schooling! This next year will consist of lots and lots of travel! For Punj anyway! Instead of sitting in classes he will be spending his days in hospitals around the country for a month at a time. It's a basic clerkship/interview process in preparation for Residency. Here is where he/we will be:
· May — Mercy Hospital, Miami FL
· June — Bal Harbour Podiatry Clinic, North Bay Village FL
· July — Westchester Hospital, Westechester FL
· August — St. Vincents Hospital, Jacksonville FL
· September — Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT
· October — Boston University Medical, Boston MA
· November — Sister of Charity Hospital, Buffalo NY
That's the schedule for Punj! As for me and Lauren. We will be going to live with my family in Salem starting at the beginning of August till January. So exciting to be so close to family again! But so sad Punj will not be with us. Thank heavens for modern technology! After the end of this year, we will be coming back to Miami for one last semester of classes, most of them dealing with the business side of Podiatric medicine.
We are so excited to be moving into the last leg of school. It seems so unreal. Time just goes by so fast!
The other day Punj and I went through all of his accumulated papers from all his classes. I am posting a picture. I thought it was incredible how much stuff we got to finally chuck!! Punj held on to EVERYTHING, just in case he "might need it later." So this pic represents a big old adios to random stacks of notes, articles, lectures, power points, journals and case studies, just sitting around the house. This was everything he didn't "need" anymore... We kept the stuff he still needs!! That show on TLC Hoaders comes to mind!! Ha ha! We both felt a lot of relief as we said goodbye to the mounds of paper. I am sure this is a huge load off of Punj's shoulders!! YAY!!!!
So funny story... I went to upload the pic to my computer and somehow lost it! It's no where to be found! I think it's a sign... We really needed to get rid of some stuff! Just picture 2 garbage bags overflowing with paper!
So sorry no pics this time! Next time for sure!
6 comments:
This year is going to fly by! We can't wait to see you guys soon!!!
I am so excited for you! Can we please get together when you get here?
I cant wait to meet your little sweetheart.
xo
I am so excited for you and your family! And I am excited you will be close for awhile! :) Congrats!
Yay Punj!! So glad you guys are nearing the end, so exciting and can't wait to see you in August.
How exciting!! That is so funny you couldn't find the picture!! We are going to miss you guys.
I hope you all end up back here! Exciting times!
Post a Comment